We all want a clean home but time is not always in our favor. At the end cleaning our house is left for the weekends or holidays, provided we are not tired after overworking the entire week. Outside help is not always viable, and most importantly it is not cheap.
iRobot was always known for their futuristic projects on various robotic elements. When they decided to create a product exclusively for homes that can help in cleaning, no one knew how far the program would succeed. The Roomba series of Vaccum cleaners built by irobot is perhaps the most sold brand worldwide currently.
iRobot Roomba 650
Being one of the earliest models of iRobot vacuum cleaners to be launched, this model has many features that are no more incorporated in the newer models. However, it is still one of the most sold iRobot Vacuum cleaners in almost all the e-commerce portals.
Key Features –
- Three effective stage cleaning helps in removing small dust particles, cereals and pet hair clogs.
- "Convenient mode" when enabled, serves assistance free cleaning.
- Auto home return option with self-charging dock prevents the need for monitoring.
iRobot Roomba 805
The Roomba 805 is the first model under the 800 series. However, it is also one of the most influential models to be designed as of now.
Key Features –
- Virtual wall barrier mode and cliff sensors for walls and stair detection
- Particle size as small as 10 microns can be detected and picked.
- Is fitted with extremely powerful suction and debris collecting rotating brush.
Comparison of Features Between Roomba 650 & 805
Both the irobot Roomba 650 and 805 are older models still available for purchase. However, each of the models has individual traits and features that make them a great choice.
The Roomba 650 is comparatively more affordable; however, the new additional performance traits are not available in it. The Roomba 805 is a newer model is bound to be technologically better and more functional than the Roomba 650.